The Broncos have kept with the age-old tradition of starting their season off at 3-6 for the last four seasons. They will be the first team in NFL history to have five consecutive losing seasons after winning a Super Bowl. This team is never going to get on the right track if the same people keep running the show.
How many times will this front office get a chance to build this team? I have lived here since 2016, and this team has had a new offensive coordinator every season. From Mike McCoy to now Pat Shurmur.
Is it all their fault this offense has struggled to score 20 points every year? How many head coaches can this team run through? How many quarterbacks does this front get to draft or trade for? When is if finally time to change course?
Let’s face it, if the guy running this team’s last name wasn’t Elway, he’d have been gone years ago. At some point, the accomplishments he made early in his career as GM can’t save him any longer.
It’s unfortunate what happened to Mr. Bowlen. There really isn’t anyone to hold this front office accountable at the moment. This is the problem with a team hiring “their guy,” like a John Elway, moving on feels impossible.
We can call to bench Drew Lock, blame the offensive line or play calling, none of this matters until there is a new front office running this team. Until then, expect nothing less than the bottom of the barrel of this league.
- The Noah Fant Show: Recapping the unimaginable quarterback situation
- University of Denver to offer hockey-hungry fan base an alternative
- The Extra Mile: Denver's bleak outlook leaves Broncos Country hurting
- 60 Seconds: Hope over last few games that Drew Lock 'looks better'
- Broncos should've had contingency plan for QB 'doomsday scenario'
- Fantasy Waiver Watch: Consider Jets WR duo heading into playoffs