Steve Atwater and Dennis Smith formed one of the most fearsome safety duos in NFL history, as they patrolled the Broncos’ secondary in the ’80s and ’90s.
Their friendship continues today, as Smith will present Atwater at the Pro Football Hall of Fame enshrinement ceremony in 2021.
- Timeline 25: Remembering the biggest Colorado sports stories of 2016
- Legends Week: Jeremy Bloom couldn't douse 'dream' of being next Elway
- Avalanche defensemen Cale Makar is a finalist for Calder Memorial Trophy
- Legends Week: Dante Bichette says Denver's still the top spot for baseball
- The case for Rockies fans to root for a Dodgers title in 2020
- Legends Week: Adam Foote accidentally wore a Rockies shirt to final Quebec meeting