Captain Halaba began her career with the Arapahoe County Sheriff’s Office in 1999, She has served in detentions, patrol, as a school resource officer, and on a drug task force team. She moved through the ranks, breaking the glass ceiling to become the first female captain in the agency in 2014.
Currently, she is one of two captains assigned to the Arapahoe County detention facility, overseeing courthouse security operations and the mental health and medical section inside the facility for inmates. She is also the peer support/employee wellness coordinator for the Sheriff’s office. In that role, her passion to support employee wellness and resiliency has expanded agency wide.
- Timeline 25: Remembering the biggest Colorado sports stories of 2003
- Where do things stand between MLB and the Players Association?
- 60 Seconds with Cecil: Look to past to project Lindsay, Gordon future
- New NFL rules that passed during the May 2020 virtual meeting
- The Fan Film Room: Orlando details how the Chargers beat the Chiefs
- Elevator Pitch: Pandemic's impact will be felt on MiLB communities