Captain Halaba began her career with the Arapahoe County Sheriff’s Office in 1999, She has served in detentions, patrol, as a school resource officer, and on a drug task force team. She moved through the ranks, breaking the glass ceiling to become the first female captain in the agency in 2014.
Currently, she is one of two captains assigned to the Arapahoe County detention facility, overseeing courthouse security operations and the mental health and medical section inside the facility for inmates. She is also the peer support/employee wellness coordinator for the Sheriff’s office. In that role, her passion to support employee wellness and resiliency has expanded agency wide.
- Mile High Monday: Early rumblings from the Scouting Combine
- 2020 NFL Scouting Combine Preview: Offensive Linemen
- Polumbus: New Buffs HC Karl Dorrell 'checks a lot of boxes'
- History suggest that the Broncos won't re-sign Shelby Harris
- The Extra Mile: Adding more playoff teams is NFL 'embracing mediocrity'