Captain Halaba began her career with the Arapahoe County Sheriff’s Office in 1999, She has served in detentions, patrol, as a school resource officer, and on a drug task force team. She moved through the ranks, breaking the glass ceiling to become the first female captain in the agency in 2014.
Currently, she is one of two captains assigned to the Arapahoe County detention facility, overseeing courthouse security operations and the mental health and medical section inside the facility for inmates. She is also the peer support/employee wellness coordinator for the Sheriff’s office. In that role, her passion to support employee wellness and resiliency has expanded agency wide.
- A timeline of events shows just how the Rockies 2020 season unraveled
- 60 Seconds: With Wilkinson out, Bolles is Broncos top o-lineman
- Titans, Vikings close facilities after positive COVID-19 tests
- Brett Rypien expected to make first career start Thursday against Jets
- The Extra Mile: Fangio is who Broncos Country should feel for
- Coach Andy: Broncos battle for the bottom with Falcons, Giants