Captain Halaba began her career with the Arapahoe County Sheriff’s Office in 1999, She has served in detentions, patrol, as a school resource officer, and on a drug task force team. She moved through the ranks, breaking the glass ceiling to become the first female captain in the agency in 2014.
Currently, she is one of two captains assigned to the Arapahoe County detention facility, overseeing courthouse security operations and the mental health and medical section inside the facility for inmates. She is also the peer support/employee wellness coordinator for the Sheriff’s office. In that role, her passion to support employee wellness and resiliency has expanded agency wide.
- Legends Week: Clint Hurdle will "never forget" that special run in 2007
- The Extra Mile: For Chubb, Von to thrive, Broncos offense must arrive
- Randy Gradishar says Denver Broncos defense is 'getting better'
- NFL proposed game-day protocols include postgame restrictions
- Rapid Reaction: Broncos safety Justin Simmons accepts franchise tender
- Rockies pitcher Peter Lambert says he grew from early career struggles