Captain Halaba began her career with the Arapahoe County Sheriff’s Office in 1999, She has served in detentions, patrol, as a school resource officer, and on a drug task force team. She moved through the ranks, breaking the glass ceiling to become the first female captain in the agency in 2014.
Currently, she is one of two captains assigned to the Arapahoe County detention facility, overseeing courthouse security operations and the mental health and medical section inside the facility for inmates. She is also the peer support/employee wellness coordinator for the Sheriff’s office. In that role, her passion to support employee wellness and resiliency has expanded agency wide.
- Broncos 2020 Free Agency Preview: Centers
- It's time for the Avalanche's vaunted youth to step up
- 2020 NFL Scouting Combine Preview: Running Backs
- Elevator Pitch: Time for Rockies, Arenado to come together, squash beef
- The Extra Mile: No need to keep Joe Flacco on Broncos roster
- Joe Flacco should be ready to go in 2020, just not in a Broncos uniform