As the Broncos get ready to take on the Lions on Sunday, they’re set to battle more than just Detroit. Denver will also have to contend with an illness that has hit the team’s locker room, as several players popped up on the injury report on Friday and their status for the game is somewhat in doubt.
Included on the list are several starters on the offensive side of the ball, including Drew Lock and Noah Fant, as well as three offensive linemen – Dalton Risner, Connor McGovern and Austin Schlottmann.
All told, there are 19 Broncos listed on this week’s injury report, as the long season is starting to take a toll. It’s definitely the look of a team heading into Week 16, with an illness sweeping through the building.
Here’s who was listed on the Broncos official injury report as of Thursday, December 19:
- Mile High Monday: Early rumblings from the Scouting Combine
- 2020 NFL Scouting Combine Preview: Offensive Linemen
- Polumbus: New Buffs HC Karl Dorrell 'checks a lot of boxes'
- History suggest that the Broncos won't re-sign Shelby Harris
- The Extra Mile: Adding more playoff teams is NFL 'embracing mediocrity'