A weak after injuring his ankle and foot, Noah Fant’s bad luck continued, as the tight end banged up his shoulder against the Chiefs. After hauling in a 43-yard catch on fourth-and-one, the rookie landed awkwardly and had to be tended to by the trainers on the sidelines.
Fant was able to return to the game, but he clearly wasn’t himself. Limited by both the leg injuries and the bad shoulder, the tight end had just two catches for 56 yards against the Chiefs.
Early signs are positive that the injury won’t be significant. But the Broncos will find out for sure later today.
Noah Fant said x-rays on his right shoulder were negative. Will undergo an MRI back in Colorado. Said he “should be fine.”
— Nicki Jhabvala (@NickiJhabvala) December 15, 2019
With Denver looking to finish the season strong, with back-to-back winnable home games to end the season, having Fant on the field against the Lions and Raiders will be a key to their success. The rookie will find out soon if he’ll be ready to go next week.
- Rapid Reaction: Broncos safety Justin Simmons accepts franchise tender
- DMac makes a huge bet with Mike Evans to prove he's rooting for Lock
- Elevator Pitch: McManus among most 'underappreciated' Broncos
- Rockies pitcher Peter Lambert says he grew from early career struggles
- NFL proposed game-day protocols include postgame restrictions
- Randy Gradishar says Denver Broncos defense is 'getting better'