After sustaining a life-changing line of duty incident in 2016, Detective Brite’s recovery journey highlighted the need to better support himself and ultimately the entire responder community.
His own healing has helped to frame his current role as wellness coordinator for Douglas County Sheriff’s Office, helping others to understand that “it is ok, to not be ok, and it is ok to ask for help.”
He has taken a broad approach to wellness, considering the whole person with an understanding that it’s time to take action to better meet responder needs. Talking about it, simply isn’t enough.
- George Karl is "nervous" for the Nuggets matchup between the Utah Jazz
- Lindsay Jones is encouraged by the growth of women working in sports
- 60 Seconds: Camp to determine if Broncos QB Drew Lock is 'real deal'
- Mile High Memories: Elway in the 1990s brings back great memories
- Training Camp 2020: Previewing the Broncos safeties
- The Extra Mile: The NFL is back, and Nick Ferguson is 'ready to go'