Heading into Sunday’s game against the Browns, the Broncos were as beat up as they had been all season. Multiple players were out due to various ailments, while the team’s injured reserve list continued to grow.
Ja’Wuan James, Bryce Callahan, Will Parks, Jeff Heuerman and others couldn’t go on Sunday. Meanwhile, Joe Flacco and Corey Nelson were new additions to IR.
While not quite the walking wounded, Denver was certainly battered and bruised. That’s why escaping on Sunday without any significant injuries was key for the Broncos.
Now, they have a bye week to try to get healthy.
While Flacco and Nelson aren’t going to come back this season, others on IR can return after the bye. Look for Tim Patrick and Drew Lock to be activated, with Jake Butt and Theo Riddick as other possibilities.
In addition, the time off will allow injured players who are on the active roster time to recuperate. Perhaps James, Callahan, Parks and Heuerman can return to the field during the Broncos final seven games of the season.
- Rapid Reaction: As expected, the Avalanche defeat the Coyotes 3-0
- With added weight and more to prove, is Phillip Lindsay a changed man?
- Detailing how the CFB postponements impact the NFL offseason
- Ed McCaffrey, Solomon Wilcots break down expectations for the Broncos
- Rockies hold on to beat the Diamondbacks in a wild one at Coors Field
- A new rule is benefitting the Rockies, powering their hot start