Heading into Sunday’s game against the Browns, the Broncos were as beat up as they had been all season. Multiple players were out due to various ailments, while the team’s injured reserve list continued to grow.
Ja’Wuan James, Bryce Callahan, Will Parks, Jeff Heuerman and others couldn’t go on Sunday. Meanwhile, Joe Flacco and Corey Nelson were new additions to IR.
While not quite the walking wounded, Denver was certainly battered and bruised. That’s why escaping on Sunday without any significant injuries was key for the Broncos.
Now, they have a bye week to try to get healthy.
While Flacco and Nelson aren’t going to come back this season, others on IR can return after the bye. Look for Tim Patrick and Drew Lock to be activated, with Jake Butt and Theo Riddick as other possibilities.
In addition, the time off will allow injured players who are on the active roster time to recuperate. Perhaps James, Callahan, Parks and Heuerman can return to the field during the Broncos final seven games of the season.
- Cheers and Jeers: Championship Saturday and Bobo's out at CSU
- Around the AFC West: Pivotal games loom down the stretch
- Until Von can be Von, the Broncos pass rusher will remain on the sidelines
- Picks of the Week: Texans could have tricky time planning for Drew Lock
- Broncos Injury Report: Big names may return against the Texans