Mercifully, the end of the preseason is near. After what feels like months and months of training camp practices and meaningless exhibitions, the Broncos finally wrap things up tonight with their fifth and final tune-up game.
As soon as the preseason matchup with the Cardinals comes and goes, Denver will turn its attention toward the regular season. And the first task in getting prepped for the opener at Oakland on Sept. 9 is finalizing the team’s roster.
Between now and Saturday, Denver will have to cut 34 more players in order to get down to the league-mandated 53-man roster. Who will make it?
Here’s how things are shaping up as of now (with new additions in bold and removals
RUNNING BACKS (4)
TIGHT ENDS (3)
WIDE RECEIVERS (6)
OFFENSIVE LINEMEN (9)
DEFENSIVE LINE (6)
DEFENSIVE BACKS (7)
Chris Harris Jr.
LONG SNAPPER (1)
- Timeline 25: Remembering the biggest Colorado sports stories of 2003
- Where do things stand between MLB and the Players Association?
- 60 Seconds with Cecil: Look to past to project Lindsay, Gordon future
- New NFL rules that passed during the May 2020 virtual meeting
- The Fan Film Room: Orlando details how the Chargers beat the Chiefs
- Elevator Pitch: Pandemic's impact will be felt on MiLB communities