In the first hour, D-Mac and Tom discuss the Rockies come-from-behind win over the Red Sox in Boston last night. How impressive is it that they were able to come back and win despite surrendering 17 strikeouts to Chris Sale through 7 innings? The guys react to last night’s NBA Draft Lottery, which proved to be one of the most surprising selections in recent years. Tom points out the similarities between the Jets situation with their now former-GM Mike Maccagnan and Brian Xanders when he was with the Broncos.
In the second hour, D-Mac and Tom discuss ESPN’s article ranking how “married” each NFL team is to their starting quarterback. Where the Broncos fall on that list will most certainly surprise you. Tom challenges D-Mac’s assertion that the Broncos would have been much better off drafting Drew Lock at 31 than 42. Now that the Monday Night Football crew has been announced for Week 1, D-Mac reminisces on the infamous—but hilarious—Sergio Dipp incident on Monday Night football. Do NFL GMs deserve credit for “having a plan” even if the plan seems like it will fail?
In the third hour, D-Mac and Tom discuss whether or not John Elway has created an environment that makes it hard for the Broncos to be successful. Tom explains why he thinks Elway made the right moves this offseason. The guys provide the latest update on the Maximum Security vs. The Horse Racing Commission saga.
Photo Credit: Christian Petersen – Getty Images
- The Extra Mile: Who'd you take to a "drive-in concert," and who'd you see?
- eFan: Battle in trenches between Polumbus and Drotar turns into blowout
- The Hot Seat: Catching up on the Broncos offseason with Nicki Jhabvala
- Timeline 25: Remembering the biggest Colorado sports stories of 2002
- Broncos fantasy football outlook 2020: Running back Melvin Gordon
- Former running back Tatum Bell talks about Phillip Lindsay, Broncos culture