In the first hour, Tom and DMac find even more bulletin board material for the Denver Broncos. The guys try to decide which ESPN The Ocho event they’d be best suited for, remember bizarre sports injuries, and react to a new Colin Kaepernick tweet in The Countdown. Then, they take a look at an ESPN article ranking the best NFL teams based on their “under 25” talent.
In the second hour, Tom and DMac react to the first episode of Hard Knocks. Tom has a story from back in his playing days. The guys compare the Raiders 2014 QB situation with Schaub and Carr with the Broncos situation this season. Richie hosts another edition of Broncos Match Game to preview tomorrow’s preseason matchup. The guys discuss the apparent lack of excitement for Joe Flacco, starting quarterback and compare him to other NFL starting QBs.
In the third hour, Tom and DMac discuss the realistic possibility of Colin Kaepernick making an NFL return after he posted a teaser on Twitter this morning. The guys hand out their daily high fives.
In the fourth hour, Tom and DMac go over the top 6 stories of the day including ESPN the Ocho, Colin Kaepernick, and the Broncos upcoming preseason game. Tom explains the reason for one of his weird habits and gives some behind the scenes stories from his playing days. The guys go over an ESPN ranking of NFL teams by their “under 25” talent.
Photo Credit: Joe Robbins
- The most heartbreaking thing about the Broncos loss is why it happened
- 60 Seconds with Cecil: Rodgers play extension may help Broncos
- Elevator Pitch: Sound the alarm about Broncos lack of pass rush
- Fantasy Waiver Watch: Overlooked option likely available amid QB injuries
- The Extra Mile: Broncos interior DL must show up in pass rush
- 'He cannot play in the National Football League': Schlereth on Bolles