Tonight and tomorrow, the 57th NHL Entry Draft will be held in Vancouver. Across those two days, the Avalanche are currently slated to make eight selections, but it’s the first round that will get the most attention; Colorado holds the No. 4 and 16 overall picks, giving them two high-profile choices.
Who will they pick? No one knows for sure what Joe Sakic and Company have in mind, as the Avs current roster doesn’t have any glaring holes that would necessitate a “need” pick by the general manager. Thus, going the “best player available” route seems the most likely for Colorado.
That being the case, evaluating the talent on the board will provide a road map to who the Avalanche might take when they’re on the clock. Leading up to the draft, 1043TheFan.com broke down the top-20 players available, two of whom will most likely be headed to Colorado on June 21.
Here’s who made the list:
Which two will be Avalanche players by night’s end? Stay tuned.
- Five things the Broncos need to accomplish against the 49ers
- Emmanuel Sanders will be back in the Broncos starting lineup tonight
- Mile High Monday: What to watch for in Broncos-49ers matchup
- Broncos to make switch to mobile parking passes Monday
- Give John Elway a break for not finding the Broncos a QB