On September 9, 1960, the Broncos played in the upstart American Football League’s first-ever game, beating the Patriots 13-10 in Boston. On September 9, 2019, Denver will kick off the 60th season in franchise history when they travel to Oakland to take another of the AFL’s original teams, the Raiders.
Sixty seasons. Starting in 1960. It’s all too symmetrical and perfect not to celebrate.
From that first season through today, thousands of players have donned the orange and blue (and even the brown and yellow). Plenty came and went, having forgettable careers in the Mile High City. But a select few stood out. And a handful of Broncos became legends, in this town and beyond.
Who falls into that category? In the coming weeks, 1043TheFan.com will count down the 60 greatest players in Broncos history.
Here’s the list, in increments of five:
- Best Broncos Coverage: Week 2 (2019) – Denver vs Chicago
- Broncos Injury Report: Good news and bad news heading into Week 2
- The Bears have a secret weapon for Sunday against the Broncos
- After Sunday's game, the Broncos need to pick a lane for the season
- Bye: Sutton proves it's not all doom and gloom for the Broncos
- Around the AFC West: Scrambling to deal with Week 1 injuries