Colorado Rockies fans are well accustomed to the filthiness of Adam Ottavino’s slider (evidence presented below). It’s among the reasons why many were heartbroken when Ottavino left for the New York Yankees in free agency this offseason.
3 Filthy Adam Ottavino Sliders. pic.twitter.com/Uzypj1jWNs
— Rob Friedman (@PitchingNinja) December 7, 2018
But the late-inning specialist managed to raise some eyebrows back in December when he boasted during an episode of the MLB’s Statcast Podcast that he could strike out legendary Bronx Bomber Babe Ruth.
“I would strike Babe Ruth out every time,” Ottavino said.
So, the remark could have made things a bit awkward for the new Yankees reliever, who signed a three-year, $27 million deal with the team roughly a month later.
But the club’s latest digital advertising effort, wherein Ottavino experiences the nightmare of a Babe Ruth-level shellacking, seems to suggest all parties are taking things lightly.
Check out the video:
- Nalen: ‘Not good enough’ for Broncos to go 8-8 in 2019
- John Elway is making a bad deal with Chris Harris Jr.
- Another national media outlet less than impressed with Broncos offseason
- Around the AFC West: Hoops to football, NFL Draft news and more
- Fan Mail: What’s up with the backpacks and MLB rule changes