Colorado Rockies fans are well accustomed to the filthiness of Adam Ottavino’s slider (evidence presented below). It’s among the reasons why many were heartbroken when Ottavino left for the New York Yankees in free agency this offseason.
3 Filthy Adam Ottavino Sliders. pic.twitter.com/Uzypj1jWNs
— Rob Friedman (@PitchingNinja) December 7, 2018
But the late-inning specialist managed to raise some eyebrows back in December when he boasted during an episode of the MLB’s Statcast Podcast that he could strike out legendary Bronx Bomber Babe Ruth.
“I would strike Babe Ruth out every time,” Ottavino said.
So, the remark could have made things a bit awkward for the new Yankees reliever, who signed a three-year, $27 million deal with the team roughly a month later.
But the club’s latest digital advertising effort, wherein Ottavino experiences the nightmare of a Babe Ruth-level shellacking, seems to suggest all parties are taking things lightly.
Check out the video:
- Broncos muster only two field goals in road loss to Rams
- Rapid Reaction: 'Shame on Colts' for not protecting Andrew Luck
- Chris Harris Jr. can mentor his young Broncos teammates
- Cheers and Jeers: The Rockies brightest, and lowest, points in 2019
- 104.3 The Fan / ESPN Denver 1600 play-by-play: Aug. 21-25