One of the players thought to be a highly-sought target for the Denver Broncos this offseason appears to be off the market.
Per NFL Network Insider Ian Rapoport, the New York Jets will sign former Baltimore Ravens linebacker C.J. Mosley to a five-year, $85 million deal with $51 million guaranteed.
The move comes after Cecil Lammey, filling in on “The Drive” on Monday, called Mosley the “crux of everything” involving the Broncos in free agency.
“I think he’s the most important free agent addition this team could possibly get,” Lammey said, adding that there are only two high-quality draft prospects at inside linebacker — Devin White and Devin Bush.
Follow digital content producer Johnny Hart on Twitter: @JohnnyHart7.
- Nalen: ‘Not good enough’ for Broncos to go 8-8 in 2019
- John Elway is making a bad deal with Chris Harris Jr.
- Another national media outlet less than impressed with Broncos offseason
- Around the AFC West: Hoops to football, NFL Draft news and more
- Fan Mail: What’s up with the backpacks and MLB rule changes