Depending on how the Denver Broncos continue forward in free agency, 104.3 The Fan host Sandy Clough gives them somewhere between a C and a B-plus after Day 1 of the NFL’s legal tampering period.
Clough said without re-signing center Matt Paradis, he’d give Denver a C or a C-plus. With retaining the offensive lineman, however, Clough said it’s probably more like a “solid B, maybe even a B-plus.”
“I think it’s a nice start, not a spectacular start, for the Broncos,” Clough said, adding that while earlier in the day one may have been inclined to “mock” Denver for its lack of a splashy move but “John Elway made a nice comeback tonight.”
Indeed, Denver made two significant moves late Monday, agreed to deals with former Houston Texans defensive back Kareem Jackson and former Miami Dolphins right tackle Ja’Wuan James.
But not everyone graded general manager John Elway and the Broncos as favorably after Day 1 of legal tampering.
ESPN’s Bill Barnwell graded the James acquisition as a D, saying the move is “paying way over the odds to fix the problem, and I’m not sure it’ll solve things.”
Barnwell, however, graded the Broncos move to sign Jackson more favorably, giving it a B-minus.
Follow digital content producer Johnny Hart on Twitter: @JohnnyHart7.
- Franklin: Broncos bringing in QB Haskins for visit not a smokescreen
- Broncos visiting with Haskins, Lock a ‘smokescreen,’ says DMac
- Evans lukewarm on Broncos drafting TE at No. 10, wants LB instead
- Broncos bring back backup quarterback Kevin Hogan on 1-year deal
- Avs fighting to hold onto wild card spot vs. Blackhawks