After an underwhelming performance from Garett Bolles on Sunday against the Baltimore Ravens, “Schlereth and Evans” co-host Mark Schlereth said Monday if given the choice he’d sit down the Denver Broncos left tackle.
On Monday, Schlereth compared Bolles to fellow former first-round pick Paxton Lynch, calling his play a “detriment” to the Broncos.
“It’s not good enough, and it’s the same mistakes that we saw last year,” Schlereth said. “It hasn’t improved.”
Schlereth said it comes down to Bolles not being able to process what he sees quickly enough to make the right play.
“I watch him and he makes the same mistakes. The lack of awareness. The understanding of pinch. What’s going to happen in this situation,” Schlereth said. “He doesn’t put himself in a position to win. And it’s constant.”
Ultimately, Schlereth said he’d sacrifice whatever athletic edge Bolles has for someone who knows how to play the position.
“For whatever reason, between the coaching and the on-field playing, it doesn’t register,” Schlereth said. “… We’ll lose some athleticism. I’m fine with that if I can find a guy who can play.
Follow digital content producer Johnny Hart on Twitter: @JohnnyHart7
- Nalen: ‘Not good enough’ for Broncos to go 8-8 in 2019
- John Elway is making a bad deal with Chris Harris Jr.
- Another national media outlet less than impressed with Broncos offseason
- Around the AFC West: Hoops to football, NFL Draft news and more
- Fan Mail: What’s up with the backpacks and MLB rule changes