After an underwhelming performance from Garett Bolles on Sunday against the Baltimore Ravens, “Schlereth and Evans” co-host Mark Schlereth said Monday if given the choice he’d sit down the Denver Broncos left tackle.
On Monday, Schlereth compared Bolles to fellow former first-round pick Paxton Lynch, calling his play a “detriment” to the Broncos.
“It’s not good enough, and it’s the same mistakes that we saw last year,” Schlereth said. “It hasn’t improved.”
Schlereth said it comes down to Bolles not being able to process what he sees quickly enough to make the right play.
“I watch him and he makes the same mistakes. The lack of awareness. The understanding of pinch. What’s going to happen in this situation,” Schlereth said. “He doesn’t put himself in a position to win. And it’s constant.”
Ultimately, Schlereth said he’d sacrifice whatever athletic edge Bolles has for someone who knows how to play the position.
“For whatever reason, between the coaching and the on-field playing, it doesn’t register,” Schlereth said. “… We’ll lose some athleticism. I’m fine with that if I can find a guy who can play.
Follow digital content producer Johnny Hart on Twitter: @JohnnyHart7
- Stokley: Flacco trade doesn’t preclude Broncos from drafting QB at No. 10
- Lammey: Trade for Flacco allows Broncos to improve roster outside QB
- Evans: Sorting through the Denver Broncos trade for Joe Flacco
- LISTEN – ESPN's Dan Orlovsky: Flacco is an upgrade over Keenum
- 104.3 The Fan / ESPN Denver 1600 play-by-play lineup – Feb. 14-18