Officer Kavanagh started with the Parker Police Department in 2015. Prior to being employed with the Parker Police Department, Officer Kavanagh studied Criminal Justice and Political Science at Colorado State University in Fort Collins, and was hired as an intern with the Longmont Police Department while completing his college degree. Since becoming a Parker Police Officer, Officer Kavanagh has been very involved with the Crisis Intervention Team (CIT) not only while handling calls, but through continued education and trainings as a CIT Coach. Officer Kavanagh plays an active role in the community as the Law Enforcement mentor for the Parker Teen Court, and regularly participates in Law Enforcement Torch Run events for the Special Olympics, such as the Tip-A-Cop and Polar Plunge events. One of Officer Kavanagh’s goals was to become a Detective, which he achieved in January 2018, when he was assigned to the Investigations Division as Detective Kavanagh.
- Should Kelly, not Keenum or Cousins, be the Broncos next quarterback?
- Pritchard: 'Game over' for Broncos with Cousins as Vikings won't tag Keenum
- Clough: DT could again be top-end WR for Broncos with good QB play
- Schlereth: National media giving Denver Broncos a ‘hall pass’
- LISTEN – Klee: Eustachy still CSU Rams coach if win-loss record flipped