The Denver Broncos picked up the $4 million option on Demaryius Thomas’ contract Tuesday, triggering the final two seasons of the wide receiver’s deal with the team.
With the team poised to sign Case Keenum when free agency hits Wednesday, “Stokley and Zach” host Brandon Stokley said it was a “great move” to keep Thomas among the new quarterback’s arsenal of offensive weapons.
“I think, with a guy like Case Keenum, you’ll see a better Demaryius. You’ll see that Demaryius of two or three years ago. So, great move by the Denver Broncos in keeping D.T.,” Stokley said.
- Clough: No love for Nuggets in LeBron James free agency rumor mill
- Three Broncos can make NFL.com’s All-Under-25 in 2019, says Stokley
- Trevino, Rangers rally for 4 runs in 9th, beat Rockies 13-12
- With Ray sidelined, Chubb ‘ready’ for any role Broncos throw at him
- No QB competition has meant more relaxed offseason in Denver