The Denver Broncos picked up the $4 million option on Demaryius Thomas’ contract Tuesday, triggering the final two seasons of the wide receiver’s deal with the team.
With the team poised to sign Case Keenum when free agency hits Wednesday, “Stokley and Zach” host Brandon Stokley said it was a “great move” to keep Thomas among the new quarterback’s arsenal of offensive weapons.
“I think, with a guy like Case Keenum, you’ll see a better Demaryius. You’ll see that Demaryius of two or three years ago. So, great move by the Denver Broncos in keeping D.T.,” Stokley said.
- Should Kelly, not Keenum or Cousins, be the Broncos next quarterback?
- Pritchard: 'Game over' for Broncos with Cousins as Vikings won't tag Keenum
- Clough: DT could again be top-end WR for Broncos with good QB play
- Schlereth: National media giving Denver Broncos a ‘hall pass’
- LISTEN – Klee: Eustachy still CSU Rams coach if win-loss record flipped