The Denver Broncos picked up the $4 million option on Demaryius Thomas’ contract Tuesday, triggering the final two seasons of the wide receiver’s deal with the team.
With the team poised to sign Case Keenum when free agency hits Wednesday, “Stokley and Zach” host Brandon Stokley said it was a “great move” to keep Thomas among the new quarterback’s arsenal of offensive weapons.
“I think, with a guy like Case Keenum, you’ll see a better Demaryius. You’ll see that Demaryius of two or three years ago. So, great move by the Denver Broncos in keeping D.T.,” Stokley said.
- Clough: Von Miller the ‘greatest defensive player’ in Broncos history
- What does the future for Case Keenum with the Broncos look like now?
- ANALYSIS: Loss to Browns the final nail in Broncos, VJ’s coffins?
- New Colorado coach Mel Tucker hires coordinators
- Franklin: Von Miller one of the ‘most unselfish’ players he played with