The first domino in the quarterback free agency free-for-all has seeming fallen, and Case Keenum appears to be the Denver Broncos next signal-caller.
ESPN NFL Insider Adam Schefter reports that Keenum, who took the Minnesota Vikings to the NFC Championship last season, “intends to sign” with the Broncos when free agency hits at 2 p.m. Denver time Wednesday.
The move would reunite the quarterback with his former head coach, Gary Kubiak, who signed on as the Broncos senior personnel advisor earlier this offseason.
— 104.3 The FAN (@1043TheFan) March 13, 2018
Keenum signed with Houston in 2012 as a college free agent, spending his rookie on the Texans practice squad before making the 53-man roster the following year.
He’d start eight games during Kubiak’s final season in Houston, going 0-8 while throwing for 1,760 yards, 9 touchdowns, and 6 interceptions.
Follow digital content producer Johnny Hart on Twitter: @JohnnyHart7.
- Stokley: Flacco trade doesn’t preclude Broncos from drafting QB at No. 10
- Lammey: Trade for Flacco allows Broncos to improve roster outside QB
- Evans: Sorting through the Denver Broncos trade for Joe Flacco
- LISTEN – ESPN's Dan Orlovsky: Flacco is an upgrade over Keenum
- 104.3 The Fan / ESPN Denver 1600 play-by-play lineup – Feb. 14-18