Keith Burns joins the show to talk about star college receivers being told to become gunners & why it takes a certain mentality to be efficient in the special teams game. Keith says offensive & defensive awareness are both required in kick and punt coverage. Keith says it’s not as easy as throwing 11 guys out there, he is focused on being great & putting in the extra effort and attention. Also, Keith mentions that the athletes that are making a lot of money aren’t asked to do as much on special teams because the risk is so high, but whoever has the best hands needs to be catching punts for the Denver Broncos.
(Photo by Justin Edmonds/Getty Images)
- Siemian, Lynch co-starters as Broncos drop first 2017 depth chart
- Confirmed: Brandon McManus to help kick off season at Fan Football Fest
- Rockies original manager, 1979 AL MVP Don Baylor dies at age 68
- Watch – Broncos QB Siemian: 'I've got a pretty good chip on my shoulder'
- Shanahan feels like a ‘proud’ father seeing TD go into Hall of Fame