Keith Burns joins the show to talk about star college receivers being told to become gunners & why it takes a certain mentality to be efficient in the special teams game. Keith says offensive & defensive awareness are both required in kick and punt coverage. Keith says it’s not as easy as throwing 11 guys out there, he is focused on being great & putting in the extra effort and attention. Also, Keith mentions that the athletes that are making a lot of money aren’t asked to do as much on special teams because the risk is so high, but whoever has the best hands needs to be catching punts for the Denver Broncos.
(Photo by Justin Edmonds/Getty Images)
- Clough: Von Miller the ‘greatest defensive player’ in Broncos history
- What does the future for Case Keenum with the Broncos look like now?
- ANALYSIS: Loss to Browns the final nail in Broncos, VJ’s coffins?
- New Colorado coach Mel Tucker hires coordinators
- Franklin: Von Miller one of the ‘most unselfish’ players he played with