Denver broncos star DE Derek Wolfe joins the show to tell the guys what he told Shelby Harris on the final play of the game on Monday Night Football. Derek told Shelby the Guards lean heavy, and he could break through by simply taking off. Once Wolfe was engaged with the blockers, Harris rolled off the left side, and Wolfe points out how to take advantage of linemen with their head down & hands on the ground. Derek tells Al & DMac he’s not sore or anything today, just a little out of shape. Wolfe says this is the second year in a row he’s had trouble finding cleats, with the big brands being inconsistent of late. Wolfe says he’s now got a cleat guy that goes online & finds cleats, and he’s now making himself a cleat online via custom mold. Also, Al asks Wolfe about the atmosphere, and Wolfe says it was electric & bumping. Wolfe tells the Broncos young guys they must keep their foot on the opponent’s throat & says Philip Rivers wouldn’t even look at him last night because Rivers knows Wolfe likes to mess with him. Wolfe says who cares if they won by one point, or 100, and if the Broncos can make adjustments & not turn the ball over, they can be great.
(Photo by Ezra Shaw/Getty Images)
- Should Kelly, not Keenum or Cousins, be the Broncos next quarterback?
- Pritchard: 'Game over' for Broncos with Cousins as Vikings won't tag Keenum
- Clough: DT could again be top-end WR for Broncos with good QB play
- Schlereth: National media giving Denver Broncos a ‘hall pass’
- LISTEN – Klee: Eustachy still CSU Rams coach if win-loss record flipped