Patrick Saunders joins the show to discuss talking to New Yorkers on a train as the Rockies get set to take on the Mets from Citi Field on Friday. Patrick says ERA doesn’t mean a damn thing if you’re pitching at Coors Field, and attitude has a lot to do with it. Saunders tells the Rockies young pitchers they must have the mental toughness to throw every pitch in their arsenal, and says be willing to change your aim, dump your side sessions & chew gum in dry air. Also, Saunders agrees with the guys pitching at Coors Field is taxing on the body & the mind.
(Photo by Dustin Bradford/Getty Images)
- Should Kelly, not Keenum or Cousins, be the Broncos next quarterback?
- Pritchard: 'Game over' for Broncos with Cousins as Vikings won't tag Keenum
- Clough: DT could again be top-end WR for Broncos with good QB play
- Schlereth: National media giving Denver Broncos a ‘hall pass’
- LISTEN – Klee: Eustachy still CSU Rams coach if win-loss record flipped