Patrick Saunders joins the show to discuss talking to New Yorkers on a train as the Rockies get set to take on the Mets from Citi Field on Friday. Patrick says ERA doesn’t mean a damn thing if you’re pitching at Coors Field, and attitude has a lot to do with it. Saunders tells the Rockies young pitchers they must have the mental toughness to throw every pitch in their arsenal, and says be willing to change your aim, dump your side sessions & chew gum in dry air. Also, Saunders agrees with the guys pitching at Coors Field is taxing on the body & the mind.
(Photo by Dustin Bradford/Getty Images)
- Broncos ditch the paper, transition to mobile ticketing for 2018 season
- Stokley: Broncos ‘can’t gamble’ on Rosen; Schlereth likes QB’s game
- Big Al: Josh Allen probably drafted top 5 due to ‘freakish’ athleticism
- Lammey: Value for Trevor Siemian ‘elevated’ thanks to Nick Foles
- What does a potential Broncos QB shakeup mean for Paxton Lynch?