Patrick Saunders joins the show to discuss talking to New Yorkers on a train as the Rockies get set to take on the Mets from Citi Field on Friday. Patrick says ERA doesn’t mean a damn thing if you’re pitching at Coors Field, and attitude has a lot to do with it. Saunders tells the Rockies young pitchers they must have the mental toughness to throw every pitch in their arsenal, and says be willing to change your aim, dump your side sessions & chew gum in dry air. Also, Saunders agrees with the guys pitching at Coors Field is taxing on the body & the mind.
(Photo by Dustin Bradford/Getty Images)
- Siemian, Lynch co-starters as Broncos drop first 2017 depth chart
- Confirmed: Brandon McManus to help kick off season at Fan Football Fest
- Rockies original manager, 1979 AL MVP Don Baylor dies at age 68
- Watch – Broncos QB Siemian: 'I've got a pretty good chip on my shoulder'
- Shanahan feels like a ‘proud’ father seeing TD go into Hall of Fame