The NFL schedule officially drops at 6 p.m. on Thursday, but reports of a couple of games on the Denver Broncos schedule have surfaced already.
Denver will host the Los Angeles Chargers to kick off the team’s 2017 campaign on Monday Night Football, reports Mike Klis of 9News.
League Network source: Broncos to open 2017 season at home vs LA Chargers on Monday night. #9sports
— Mike Klis (@MikeKlis) April 20, 2017
It would be the seventh-consecutive season opener the Broncos played at home.
It also appears that there’s a date for the clash between the Brandon Marshalls, as WFAN’s Mike Francesa reports the New York Giants will travel to Denver in Week 6 on Oct. 15.
Brandon Marshall, the receiver, signed with the Giants this offseason after being released by the New York Jets.
It’ll be the first time Marshall’s played in Denver since being traded by the Broncos to the Miami Dolphins in April 2010.
As for the remainder of the Broncos 2017 schedule, the specific dates will be released Thursday evening. However, the team’s opponents for the season have already been released.
AFC West opponents (home and away):
• Chargers, Chiefs, and Raiders
Follow digital content producer Johnny Hart on Twitter: @johnnyhart7.
- Clough: No love for Nuggets in LeBron James free agency rumor mill
- Three Broncos can make NFL.com’s All-Under-25 in 2019, says Stokley
- Trevino, Rangers rally for 4 runs in 9th, beat Rockies 13-12
- With Ray sidelined, Chubb ‘ready’ for any role Broncos throw at him
- No QB competition has meant more relaxed offseason in Denver