After months of speculation on whether Denver Broncos cornerback Aqib Talib would face a suspension regarding a June 2016 incident in which he allegedly shot himself in the leg, the NFL has reportedly informed him he will not face a ban.
USA Today NFL writer Tom Pelissero reported via Twitter on Tuesday morning that Talib won’t be suspended, per a source, over an incident that left the All-Pro sidelined for much of the 2016 offseason with a gunshot wound in his rear right thigh and right calf.
Source: NFL has closed investigation of Aqib Talib and won’t suspend or fine him for 2016 shooting incident. Good news for Talib, #Broncos.
— Tom Pelissero (@TomPelissero) April 18, 2017
According to Pelissero, Talib must undergo a firearm safety course and submit his list of weapons.
No charges were filed against Talib regarding the incident after Dallas police completed an investigation last fall, concluding that the Broncos cornerback had accidentally shot himself. A lawyer for Talib confirmed in January that police were notified by letter.
Last week, Talib told 104.3 The Fan’s “The Drive” with Big Al and DMac that he didn’t “really have time to be worried” about the suspension, and he would be working on things he can control.
“There’s no news until there’s news. I’m just working. I’m getting ready for the season,” Talib said.
- WATCH – Broncos CEO Ellis: Need 'best of both worlds,' develop and win
- LISTEN – Broncos head coach Vance Joseph joins long-time friends Big Al and CJ on 'The Drive'
- Broncos RB Booker could miss 6-8 weeks with wrist injury
- New Broncos guard Barbre learned of trade at gym, finishes workout
- Stokley: Broncos source has seen Lynch make ‘wow’ worthy plays