Matt Stephens, sports editor and columnist for the Fort Collins Coloradoan, joined the show to discuss his and Rams beat reporter Kelly Lyell’s investigation into allegations of misconduct by CSU men’s basketball head coach Larry Eustachy. The article alleges Eustachy created a culture of fear and intimidation and emotionally abused players at CSU, and certain acts could be deemed as offenses worthy termination — like punting basketballs and coolers in 2015. Stephens talks about Eustachy’s personal improvement plan and says two players have gone on record saying the coach’s behavior was not abusive. Also, Stephens talks about Eustachy’s behavior affecting transfers and the ripple effect on the future CSU recruiting.
Ron Chenoy-USA TODAY Sports
- Should Kelly, not Keenum or Cousins, be the Broncos next quarterback?
- Pritchard: 'Game over' for Broncos with Cousins as Vikings won't tag Keenum
- Clough: DT could again be top-end WR for Broncos with good QB play
- Schlereth: National media giving Denver Broncos a ‘hall pass’
- LISTEN – Klee: Eustachy still CSU Rams coach if win-loss record flipped