Matt Stephens, sports editor and columnist for the Fort Collins Coloradoan, joined the show to discuss his and Rams beat reporter Kelly Lyell’s investigation into allegations of misconduct by CSU men’s basketball head coach Larry Eustachy. The article alleges Eustachy created a culture of fear and intimidation and emotionally abused players at CSU, and certain acts could be deemed as offenses worthy termination — like punting basketballs and coolers in 2015. Stephens talks about Eustachy’s personal improvement plan and says two players have gone on record saying the coach’s behavior was not abusive. Also, Stephens talks about Eustachy’s behavior affecting transfers and the ripple effect on the future CSU recruiting.
Ron Chenoy-USA TODAY Sports
- Siemian, Lynch co-starters as Broncos drop first 2017 depth chart
- Confirmed: Brandon McManus to help kick off season at Fan Football Fest
- Rockies original manager, 1979 AL MVP Don Baylor dies at age 68
- Watch – Broncos QB Siemian: 'I've got a pretty good chip on my shoulder'
- Shanahan feels like a ‘proud’ father seeing TD go into Hall of Fame