The 2016 Fan Football Pick ‘Em
- These rules govern The 2016 Fan Football Pick ‘Em Contest (the “Contest”) being conducted by KKFN-FM (the “Station”) and Second Street dba UPICKEM (“Co-Sponsor). The Contest will begin on August 25th, 2016 at 12:00pm Mountain Time (“MT”) and will end on Sunday, January 1, 2017 at 10:00pm Mountain Time.
- KKFN-FM (the “Station”) may change the dates and/or the terms of the Contest without prior notice. Any material changes will be posted on the Station page at 1043thefan.com (the “Site”). The Contest is open to all legal U.S. residents (“Contestant”) of the United States who are 18 years of age or older at the time of entry and who reside in Colorado. Employees of the Station, the Station’s licensee Bonneville International Corporation, their parent, subsidiary, and affiliated companies, and participating co-sponsors other radio stations in the Denver metropolitan area, the members of their immediate families and those living in the same household of each (whether related or not), are ineligible to enter or win. “Immediate family” members include spouses, children, step-children, parents, step-parents, siblings and step-siblings. No groups, clubs, or organizations may participate in this Contest. This Contest is subject to all applicable federal, state and local laws and regulations and is void where prohibited or restricted by law. NO PURCHASE NECESSARY. A PURCHASE OR PAYMENT OF ANY KIND WILL NOT INCREASE YOUR CHANCES OF WINNING. VOID WHERE PROHIBITED. All federal, state and local laws apply.
- Proof of age, identity and eligibility must be furnished to Station upon request. All entry information must be complete and accurate. The Station will not award a prize to anyone not meeting eligibility requirements at the time of entry.
- Contestants are required to provide accurate entry information, and the Station will reject and delete any entry that it discovers to be false or fraudulent. The Station will disqualify any entry from individuals who do not meet the eligibility requirements.
- HOW TO ENTER
- To participate in the 2016 Fan Football Pick ‘Em Contest, visit 1043thefan.com and follow the links and instructions to enter the Contest by submitting your first name and last name, complete address, city, state, zip code, telephone number, date of birth and a valid email address in the online entry form. Contestants must create a UPICKEM game account only through the www.1043thefan.com link specifically for this contest. If Contestants already have a UPICKEM account, contestants still must click on the www.1043thefan.com link to log into the KKFN-FM UPICKEM group to participate in this Contest. As part of each weekly entry, an Contestant must pick which team will win the professional football games listed in KKFN-FM UPICKEM group for that week and predict the final score of the designated tie-breaker game. Predictions may only be submitted via the UPICKEM link on the www.1043thefan.com website. A Contestant may use only one email address for purposes of entry in this Contest. Internet entries will be deemed made by the authorized account holder of the email address submitted at the time of entry. The authorized account holder is the natural person who is assigned to the email address by an internet access provider, online service provider or other organization that is responsible for assigning an email address or the domain associated with the submitted email address. Multiple Contestants are not permitted to share the same email address. Entries submitted will not be acknowledged or returned. Use of any device to automate entry is prohibited. Proof of submission of an entry shall not be deemed proof of receipt by Station or UPICKEM. UPICKEM online entry webpage computer is the official time keeping device for this Contest. The Station is not responsible for entries not received due to difficulty accessing the internet, service outage or delays, computer difficulties and other technological problems.
- Winners will be required to provide valid government-issued photo identification and provide their complete address, date of birth and phone number to claim a prize.
- UPICKEM tallies all Contestant game predictions and will release the results of all winners to KKFN.
- A Contestant’s score tallied by UPICKEM will determine whether a KKFN-FM prize is won.
- As part of each weekly entry, a Contestant must pick through the KKFN-FM UPICKEM link which team will win the listed professional football games for that week and predict the final score of the designated tie-breaker game.
- If a game is canceled, postponed or forfeited for any reason, or if a game ends in a tie, no points will be awarded to any Contestant for that game.
- Please refer to UPICKEM rules for the procedural process of tallying scores for UPICKEM to determine the winner of this Contest for each week.
- UPICKEM prizes are not applicable and won’t be awarded to the Contestant in this Contest.
- Weekly Prizes – A maximum of three hundred and fifty-seven (357) Weekly Prizes will be awarded – Twenty-one (21) Weekly Prizes per week for each of the seventeen (17) professional football regular season weeks. The twenty one (21) weekly winners will receive one (1) of the prizes below in conjunction with what place the contestant finishes that week.
First Place: one (1) Masterbuilt Electric Smoker valued at $249.99.
Second Place: one (1) Ski Carrier from Rhino Rack (Holds up to 6 pairs of Ski’s) valued at $159.00.
Third Place: one (1) pair (2) of tickets to an Air Force Football game valued at $150.00 (Station will determine what game).
Fourth Place: one (1) pair (2) of tickets to a Denver University hockey game valued at $70.00 (Station will determine what game).
Fifth Place: one (1) NCAA Collectible Levitating Football Helmet with Electromagnetic Stand valued at $150.00.
Sixth Place; one (1) $100 Gift Card to Coloradoland Tire and Service.
Seventh Place: one (1) $50 Gift Card to Hooters.
Eight Place: one (1) $50 Gift Card to Bill’s Sports Collectibles.
Ninth Place: one (1) pair (2) of tickets to a Denver University Basketball game valued at $30.00 (Station will determine what game).
Tenth place through Twentieth place: one (1) Pizza courtesy of Papa Johns valued at $15 per pizza.
LAST PLACE: one (1) Last place Trophy.
- Grand Prize – The Grand Prize will consist of the following: one (1) Set of Good Year Tires from Coloradoland Tire and Service not to exceed $800.00, one (1) $100 gift card to Bill’s Sports Collectibles, one (1) pizza a week for fifty two (52) weeks from Papa Johns (total of 52 pizzas), one (1) Pair of tickets to an Air Force football home game, one (1) pair of tickets to a Denver University hockey and Basketball home game (dates of Air Force and Denver University games will be decided by Station), and one (1) $50 Gift card to Hooters. Approximate Retail Value (“ARV”) of the Grand Prize is $1,980.
- Unless otherwise specified in these Official Rules, all prizes or prize certificates may be picked up during regular business hours up at the office of the Station at the address below. Any Prize winner will forfeit any prize or prize certificate not claimed by February 3rd, 2017. In the event that a prize or prize certificate is mailed to the winner, it will be with the prior written consent of the winner and therefore, winner assumes the risk of its loss. The Station is not responsible for the safe arrival of a prize or prize certificate.
- Prizes are not transferable. There is no substitution, transfer or cash equivalent for prizes, except that the Station may, at its sole discretion, substitute prizes, for cash of prizes comparable value. The prizes are expressly limited to the item(s) listed above and, unless otherwise expressly specified, do not include taxes, or any other expenses. Other restrictions may apply.
- WINNER SELECTION, NOTIFICATION AND CLAIM
- Decisions of the Station management with respect to the Contest are final.
- Contest winners will be determined by UPICKEM’s Official Rules and tallying of Contestant scores.
- Weekly Prize Winners – The twenty (20) Contestants with the highest scores in a given week will be deemed Weekly Prize winners for that week, subject to confirmation of eligibility. One (1) last place Contestant will receive a trophy for that week. Weekly winners will be contacted via phone or email by Station by 5 p.m. on Friday following the week of the Contestant winning.
- Grand Prize Winner. The Contestant who achieved the highest overall score for the season will be deemed the Grand Prize winner, subject to confirmation of eligibility. The Grand Prize winner will be determined upon the completion of season play on Sunday, January 1st, 2017 Grand prize winner will be contacted via phone or email by Monday, January 2nd, 2017.
- Contestants need not listen to the Station to win any of the prizes for this Contest.
- Grand Prize winner must execute and return any required affidavit of eligibility and/or liability/publicity release by February 3rd, 2017 or prize will be forfeited. If a potential winner cannot be contacted, fails to sign and return the required affidavit of eligibility and/or liability/publicity release within the required time period, or if a prize or prize notification is returned as undeliverable, the potential winner forfeits the prize and an alternate winner with the next highest score will be deemed the Grand Prize winner, subject to confirmation of eligibility. Unless otherwise permitted by the Station, winner(s) must claim his or her prize in person, and a prize cannot be claimed by third parties on behalf of the winner.
- By entering the contest participant agrees to strictly adhere to the applicable Contest rules and understands that the Contestant is subject to disqualification for non-compliance with the rules. In exchange for the right to participate in the Contest, each contestant agrees to release and indemnify the Sponsor(s), the Station, and its officers, directors, agents, parent companies, subsidiaries and employees (the “Released Parties”), from any and all claims, demands and/or causes of action of any nature or kind whatsoever, whether presently known or unknown, foreseen or unforeseen, that arise out of the participant’s participation in the Contest. Any violation of these rules will result in disqualification. Anyone using fraudulent means to participate in and/or win the Contest will be subject to disqualification. The Sponsors are not responsible for technical, hardware, software or telephone or other transmission failures of any kind, lost or unavailable network connections or incomplete, garbled or delayed computer transmissions, regardless of cause. The Station reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to cancel or suspend a promotion, game or contest should a virus, bug, computer or other problem beyond the control of the Station corrupt the administration, security or proper execution of any Internet promotion, game or contest, or the Internet portion of any promotion, game or contest. In all contests publicized on KKFN’s Facebook page you must be a member of Facebook to view the Facebook page.
- USE OF NAME/LIKENESS
- The winner will receive and be required to complete an IRS Form W-9 and will receive an IRS Form 1099-Misc. from Contest Sponsor and will be responsible to pay all taxes associated with the winnings.
- REPRESENTATIONS AND WARRANTIES
- By submitting a contest entry, Contestant represents, warrants, acknowledges and agrees that Contestant: (i) has read and meets the eligibility requirements; (ii) has submitted viable Contestant contact information; (iii) understands that if any of the information submitted is false or incomplete, it will void the Contestant’s entry to the Contest; and Contestant (iv) agrees to be bound by these Official Contest Rules.
- COMPLIANCE WITH THE LAW
- The conduct of the Contest is governed by the applicable laws of the United States of America, and the laws of the State of Colorado which take precedence over any rule to the contrary herein.
- For a copy of the official rules of the Contest, send a self-addressed stamped envelope (“SASE”) for receipt by the end of the Contest period to KKFN-FM, 7800 East Orchard Road, Suite 400, Attn: The 2016 Fan Football Pick Em’ Rules. The Station reserves the right, in its sole discretion and without any resulting responsibility or liability, to cancel, modify or suspend this Contest or to amend these rules and regulations at any time for any reason. All changes to contest rules will be posted at 1043thefan.com.
Co-Sponsor: UPICKEM, 317 North 11th Street, St Louis, MO 63101-1944
- Should Kelly, not Keenum or Cousins, be the Broncos next quarterback?
- Pritchard: 'Game over' for Broncos with Cousins as Vikings won't tag Keenum
- Clough: DT could again be top-end WR for Broncos with good QB play
- Schlereth: National media giving Denver Broncos a ‘hall pass’
- LISTEN – Klee: Eustachy still CSU Rams coach if win-loss record flipped